donderdag 3 oktober 2013

Jopie Huisman (1922-2000)

Jopie Huisman was born in Workum in the north of the Netherlands in 1922.
During WWII he was forced to work in Germany, he escaped in 1943.
He wanted to be a painter, but he earned not enough so he started a business in old metal and old clothes.
He started to paint objects as clothing and shoes, but also landscapes.

The outside of the museum

The inside

Selfportrait








My favorite is the red coat hanging on the clothesline. Have you heard of Jopie before?

The first two pictures were taken from the website of the museum, the other
ones are scanned postcards.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. I love his use of colours, my favourite is the one with the coats against the blue background.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love the two red jackets against the blue background. Great work!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. what amazing detail! and I love the light and shadows, it looks like that coat is moving on the clothesline.
    I had never heard of him before.
    debbi
    -yankeeburrow

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I've never heard of him before! Thanks for introducing me to him. And I really like the one with the red jackets too.
    Heidi’s Wanderings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Oh what a wonderful introduction! No, I've never heard of Jopie before. But I have just learned the tour at our local art gallery here (I'm a gallery docent when I'm not painting myself!) and we are lucky enough to be displaying several works by some of the Dutch Masters. We got a lesson on what is called "Dutch light". Apparently the natural light is different, softer, more beautiful in your part of the world. Oh I so badly want to visit Holland!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I've not heard of this before. Love the vibrant colors in the paintings! I especially like the photo of the shoes.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen